I’m Maree, and I’ve been a teacher for as long as I can remember! I have memories of playing “schools” with my little sister and the neighbourhood kids; I was often the teacher, as I recall!
- I’ve taught in a wide variety of districts in NSW
- many different classes and age groups
- composite classes
- gifted and talented classes
- private schools, Catholic schools, as well as State
My special interests and talents are:
- teaching writing, reading and language
- I don’t like Math! BUT I teach it well, because I know how difficult it can be!
- I love integrating subject areas, so tasks are meaningful and the learning relates
- craft and inventions
The best thing about teaching, is the students: their personalities, their ideas and their ability to make me laugh!
My life? I love;
- my family
- travelling to exotic places
- the ocean; it can repair my soul faster than anything else in the world
- Food, glorious food!
- I love to cook, but I’m fairly creative with the recipes, so can’t usually guarantee I can repeat any success!
- Books and reading; but I’m not to be trusted if the book is good, I become addicted and NOTHING else gets done
- My new laptop
- Christmas in summer, with spreads of beautiful seafood and salads
- American spelling, because I have to type less letters! color favorite traveling
Now, I’ve retired from the classroom, but I still tutor and create teaching resources and games to help kids have FUN as they learn.
Can I blog? I don’t know! I keep wondering what special knowledge do I have, that will make me useful to you, a busy teacher?
BUT, I love exploring the world of education, and trying new ideas and resources, so I’ll simply share my discoveries, and if you find anything useful, please let me know; that will show me that I’m not writing in a vacuum.